Check out this link: Daredevil has returned to Netflix! This season promises a lot of action with the first appearance of some long-time Daredevil-related characters, so buckle up and binge the series. There are tons of great stories about Daredevil and these other characters, The Punisher and Elektra.
Look forward to lists of arcs for these characters, detailed with reading order lists, in the coming year, along with the other Marvel Cinematic Universe on Netflix characters’ best arcs.
For now, here are some great Marvel Unlimited starting points:
- Amazing Spider-Man #129 - First appearance of The Punisher, continues on into the next issue.
- Daredevil: End of Days (Mini-Series) - This story by Brian Michael Bendis, David Mack, Klaus Janson, and Bill Sienkiewicz picks up in the near future of Hell’s Kitchen after Daredevil has been murdered. After a lengthy fight, Bullseye kills the Man Without Fear; Ben Urich takes the challenge of writing Matt Murdock’s story but gets side tracked when he stumbles onto the mystery of DD’s last word: “Mapone.”
- Typhoid Mary - Beginning in Daredevil #255, Ann Nocenti and John Romita Jr. introduce one of Daredevil’s most lethal foes. A femme fatale suffering from dissociative personality disorder, sweet and innocent “Mary “ captures Matt Murdock’s heart while “Typhoid,” a psychopath who possesses psychokinetic powers, works to break DD as a perfect weapon for the Kingpin.
- Purple Children - From the new Daredevil (2014) series, issue #8, Zebediah Killgrave has returned—and he’s not alone. The assembled children of the Purple Man use their father’s own advice and turn against him. The kids then decide to see the city and start running amok all over San Francisco. The Man Without Fear gets wind of this and has no choice but to take them down.
- Death of Elektra - Daredevil #181 follows Bullseye as he escapes from prison only to plot his revenge against Daredevil. The villain figures out DD’s secret identity and goes after what he cares about most: Elektra. The tragic ending sees Bullseye killing Elektra with her own weapon and would shake the Marvel Universe for years to come.
- Decalogue - In Daredevil volume 2 #71, Bendis and Alex Maleev focus on a support group that meets in the basement of a local Hell’s Kitchen church, all who have been affected by Daredevil in some shape or form. The story takes place after Wilson Fisk’s fall and DD’s evolution into the new Kingpin. As each individual’s story gets shared, they soon realize they might be more connected than they all knew.
- Shadowland - Set after the events of Dark Reign, Daredevil returns to Hell’s Kitchen a changed man and looking to utilize the Hand as a force of justice. His first order of business: kill Bullseye. Many heroes join his quest but soon begin to question his new methods. Could something be not quite right with ol’ Horn Head?
Enjoy the reads. These are amazing arcs, and certainly will keep you entertained.
Check back again soon for more Daredevil stories!
Check out the links below if you’d like to buy collected editions at discounted prices.
Until next time,